Saturday we start our prenatal classes. Actually, this one is a “Bringing Baby Home” class. John and I are completely clueless about babies. I mean, really. We don’t even know how to change a diaper. John doesn’t even know how to hold a baby *haha*. So hopefully we can get some good stuff from this class.
Here’s what it will cover:
- How to decide what items to purchase for life with baby
- Basic baby care including bathing, swaddling
- The difference between cloth and disposable diapers
- Benefits of babywearing and opportunity to try different baby carriers
- Breastfeeding and introducing solids
- What you need to know when purchasing a car seat for your baby
- Learn how to properly and safely install your car seat
- Have your seat inspected - suggestions for improvements will be made if necessary by a Ministry of Transportation trained installer
- Infant, Child and Adult CPR certification through the Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Babyproofing: how to make your home safer for your baby
- Learn the most common cause of injuries and how they can be prevented
- Where to purchase home safety products
Sunday is my dad’s birthday so we’ll be hanging out with him, and Sunday evening we’ll be spending time with John’s family as his sister is in town. We’ll be celebrating Paula’s (belated) birthday that night!